Homecare respects your rights to privacy under the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (Act) and is required to comply with the National Privacy Principles in respect of the collection, use, disclosure and handling of personal information from individuals.
Collection and Use of Personal Information
Homecare may collect or retain personal information about you. If you do not want any personal information collected, please advise us or your local distributor. If you have already submitted this information would like for us to remove it from our records please contact us (see details below).
Homecare aims to improve the quality and nature of its services and we may use the personal information we collect to deliver you targeted and non-targeted marketing information about our goods and services which we believe may be of interest to you. We will not use any sensitive information about you for marketing without your consent. At any time you may opt-out of receiving marketing communications from us by contacting us (see details below) and we will ensure that your name is removed from our mailing list.
Message content in e-mails you send to us may be monitored by our service providers or officers for troubleshooting, compliance auditing and maintenance purposes or where email abuse is suspected.
We will not disclose your personal information outside Homecare without your approval, and will use reasonable endeavours to prevent the disclosure of your information, except:
• to our distributors for the purposes of fulfilling orders by you and related purposes as set out in this policy;
• to the extent that the disclosure is for a purpose related (or in the case of sensitive information about you, directly related) to the product or service we are providing you;
• as may be indicated at the time at which you provided the information to us;
• as expressly permitted under any agreement with you;
• as required for the ordinary operation of our Website or our business (i.e. our staff and technical contractors, who are subject to obligations of confidentiality to us, may gain access to personal information as part of their service);
• required or authorised under law or provided in co-operation with any governmental authority; or
• where it is already publicly available or is disclosed by us in a manner that does not readily permit identification of information relating to you. We may share general information about the use of our Website with advertisers, sponsors, content providers and other third parties. However, we generally only disclose aggregate, anonymous information about users of our Website.
"Cookies" and “log files”
We may log IP addresses (i.e. the electronic addresses of computers connected to the Internet) to analyse trends, administer the site, track users movements, and gather broad demographic information.
Security of your personal information
Once your personal information comes into our possession, we will take reasonable steps to protect that information from misuse and loss and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. Our staff follow strict information handling procedures.
We will take all reasonable steps to maintain the security of any personal information we receive from you via our Website and use a variety of secure techniques to protect your information, including secure servers.
However as the Website is linked to the internet, and the internet is inherently insecure, whilst we strive to protect such information, we cannot provide any definitive warranty or assurance regarding security of the information you transmit to us and you do so at your own risk. Homecare will not be liable in any way in relation to any breach of security or unintended loss or disclosure of information due to the Website being linked to the internet.
Links to other Websites
Our Website may contain links to websites operated by third parties ("Third Party Websites"). Homecare is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of Third Party Websites. Third Party Websites are responsible for informing you about their own privacy practices.
Access and Correction
You may access any personal information we hold about you at any time by contacting us (see details below). If your personal information changes or if you no longer desire our services, we will endeavour to provide a way to correct, update or remove the personal data you have provided to us.
Homecare Direct Shopping Pty Limited
PO Box 6180
Frenchs Forest NSW 2086 AUSTRALIA
PO Box 18101
Auckland NEW ZEALAND
If you are not satisfied with how we have handled your personal information, you are entitled to lodge a complaint with the Federal Privacy Commissioner.